ANXIETY? HYPNOSIS CAN HELP!
What is AnxietyAnxiety is your body’s natural response to stress. It’s a feeling of fear or apprehension about what’s to come. If your feelings of anxiety are extreme, last for longer than six months, and are interfering with your life, you may have an anxiety disorder.
What are Anxiety DisordersIt’s normal to feel anxiety about stressful situations (moving, starting a new job, medical treatment, etc). Ordinary anxiety is a normal feeling that comes and goes, but does not interfere with your everyday life.
In the case of an anxiety disorder, the feeling of fear may be with you all the time. It is intense and sometimes debilitating.
This type of anxiety may cause you to stop doing things you enjoy. If left untreated, the anxiety will keep getting worse.
Anxiety disorders are the most common form of emotional disorder and can affect anyone at any age. According to the American Psychiatric Association, women are more likely than men to be diagnosed with an anxiety disorder.
What are the Types of Anxiety Disorders
Anxiety is a key part of several different disorders. These include:
- panic disorder: experiencing recurring panic attacks at unexpected times. A person with panic disorder may live in fear of the next panic attack.
- phobia: excessive fear of a specific object, situation, or activity
- social anxiety disorder: extreme fear of being judged by others in social situations
- obsessive-compulsive disorder: recurring irrational thoughts that lead you to perform specific, repeated behaviors
- separation anxiety disorder: fear of being away from home or loved ones
- illness anxiety disorder: anxiety about your health (formerly called hypochondria)
- post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD): anxiety following a traumatic event
An anxiety attack is a feeling of overwhelming apprehension, worry, distress, or fear. For many people, an anxiety attack builds slowly. It may worsen as a stressful event approaches.
"Anxiety has nothing to do with courage or character. Nothing at all.”
Hypnosis for Anxiety
Anxiety does not define who you are, because anxiety is a mental state — a mental state that you have the ability to control through hypnotherapy. Therapeutic hypnosis gives you the ability to take control of your life by taking control of your thoughts and behaviors so that everyday stressful triggers no longer call for negative reactions. One of the most wonderful things about hypnotherapy for stress and anxiety is that you are able to use the power of your own mind to change how you’ve been feeling so that you can feel confident in both your professional and personal life.